To help you find your question, look for the category and then your question. There is another FAQ page with course questions and tips after you login. Click the Check Send Mail button.
Brief Overview of this course. This course:
Contents of FAQ’s:
1. COURSE REQUIREMENTS
What is required to receive a certificate?
All students are required to pass the final test with an 80%.
In order to be eligible to take the final, each student must
A. pass every quiz with at least an 80%.
B. pass every module test with an 80%.
C. have an OVERALL workbook average of 80%,
D. log AT LEAST 30 “course hours”
If I finish all the tests do I still have to have 30 hours?
Yes! As stated in the Agreement, you must log at least 30 hours in this program, as well as complete all the requirements in order to receive a certificate. If you finish early, our suggestion will be for you to return and read or work on bringing your workbook scores up in order to log the time.
How does the “course timer” work?
The course timer does not calculate all the time you spend in the course textbook, workbook, quizzes and tests. It will time every page up to a normal reading time and then stop. Once you turn the page, it starts again. This is to keep students from turning on the computer and walking away. **NO EXCEPTIONS**
Where can I get the driving log?
A. You can pick one of these up at the licensing offices,
B. Print one from the DDS website (links are provided from our site below and in the program.)
GA. 40-hour parent guide
Do I have to go to a driving school to get any driving?
It is not required by Joshua’s Law, however, all driving practice will be beneficial to you, especially from a licensed professional teacher.
Does this program allow me to get an insurance discount?
Not by itself! You’ll need to show a
certificate from this course and one for driving 6 hours with a licensed
driving school in
3. General info
What are the “Joshua’s Law” requirements?
A. See all the new requirements on the Georgia Dept. of Driver Services website. http://www.dds.ga.gov
B. You must complete an approved 30-hour DE course if you want a license before your 17th birthday.
Where can I find other
Click on the Georgia Department of Driver Services website at: http://www.dds.ga.gov. These requirements are also discussed on p. 10 of Module 1 in your textbook.
Is this program licensed by the state of
4. New students (Very important!!!!)
What are some tips and suggestions for new students?
A. Use Internet Explorer
C. Use the prompts at the end of the topic pages to access, workbook, quizzes, and tests.
C. Use internal mail for faster responses regarding issues.
D. Log out each time
E. DO NOT try to print the textbook or workbook. You DO NOT get credit for time spent offline. You can go Log in and out as many times as needed.
5. Payment (late Payments)
I did not pay during the registration process, can I go back now and do this and how do I do this?
Go to the login page, click on the Payment button, enter your student ID, and choose your method of payment Credit Card or Check/Money Order. (The fastest way is by credit card.) If you are paying by check or money order, send to the address on the page.
6. Program issues (including navigational, saving. Fixits)
When I login, I get the message, “ACCESS DENIED.” What is happening and how do I fix it?
The most common reasons could be firewall restrictions or cookie issues. Here are a few fixits that you can try. You might want to cut/paste them in Word and print them out.
To adjust cookies in Internet Explorer:
1. In Internet Explorer click on "Tools" at the top of the window.
2. Select "Internet Options".
3. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
4. In the center of the "Privacy" tab screen, there should be an "Advanced" button. Click this button.
5. Ensure that "Override automatic cookie handling" is checked.
6. First party cookies should be set to "Accept" and block third party cookies
7. Check "Always allow session cookies"
8. Click on "OK"
9. Exit Internet Explorer and restart your browser
To delete or remove cookies in Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the Tools option on the Explorer menu. 2. Then choose Internet Options. Under the tab labeled “General” click on the
3. Delete Cookies and then Delete Files (check the box labeled 'Delete all offline content'.
4. To remove these temporary internet files click on the Delete Cookies button and
5. Click the OK button (this removes any cookies still in this area)
6. And next click the Delete Files button,
7. Check the checkbox for Delete all offline content (these are the pages that are cashed by your internet explorer when browsing web pages)
8. And click the OK button (this removes any web pages still cashed).
1) Try clearing your Internet Temporary files and cookies.
2) Adjust settings on your Internet Explorer with the attached file.
3) Adjust firewall settings with attached file (must use acrobat reader to open file or can be downloaded here http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html )
4) Change Browser to Firefox at which can be downloaded here http://getfirefox.com